10 Life Lessons for Those in Their 30s
Mark Manson is an entrepreneur, author, and “life enthusiast” who blogs frequently about business.
In a recent post, he crowd sourced advice from those 37 years old and up on what they would tell their 30 year old self, based on the experience and knowledge they gained during their own 30s.
Over 600 readers responded, and out of their answers, he put together a post titled “10 Life Lessons to Excel in Your 30s.”
While Manson provides detailed explanation, complete with quotes from his readers’ responses, the list breaks down to the following 10 points:
- Start saving for retirement now, not later.
- Start taking care of your health now, not later.
- Don’t spend time with people who don’t treat you well.
- Be good to the people you care about.
- You can’t have everything: focus on doing a few things well.
- Don’t be afraid of taking risks.
- Continue to grow and develop your self.
- Nobody (still) knows what they’re doing.
- Invest in your family.
- Be yourself, respect yourself.
Not a bad list. What do you think of this advice? What would you add, if you were giving advice to your own 30 year old self?